Become a Master Trainer
Powerful Tools for Caregivers is sustained by extensive collaborations with community-based organizations. PTC is a train-the-trainer model program with a detailed, scripted, curriculum. Our goal is to build capacity to replicate the program through affordable Class Leader and Master Trainer trainings. Increasing the number of classes available makes it possible for more caregivers to benefit from the proven outcomes of the PTC program. If you would like to have the ability to train PTC Class Leaders, you must become a Master Trainer. Once you are a Master Trainer, you and your co-trainer can plan either the two-day in-person Class Leader training and train 8 – 16 new Class Leaders, or the Online 5-day (3 hours per day) Class Leader training and train 8 – 12 new Class Leaders.
To become a PTC Master Trainer, a trained PTC Class Leader must:
- Complete a minimum of 4 PTC 6-week classes, with one of the series conducted within the year prior to Master Training.
- Plan to conduct a PTC Class Leader training within 6 months following the master training
- Have a trained PTC Master Trainer with whom to work
- Obtain written support of a sponsor organization willing to support the Master Trainer in coordinating a PTC Class Leader training
- Complete the teleconference Master training
- Pay the $250.00 Master Trainer training fee (an invoice will be sent following the training)
Trainings are offered multiple times throughout the year and it is only necessary to attend one 90-minute training.
Upcoming Master Trainer teleconference training(s):
Tuesday, August 11, 10:00 – 11:30am Pacific Time
Tuesday, October 13, 10:00 – 11:30am Pacific Time