Become a Master Trainer
Powerful Tools for Caregivers is sustained by extensive collaborations with community-based organizations. PTC is a train-the-trainer model program with a detailed, scripted, curriculum. Our goal is to build capacity to replicate the program through affordable Class Leader and Master Trainer trainings. Increasing the number of classes available makes it possible for more caregivers to benefit from the proven outcomes of the PTC program. If you would like to have the ability to train PTC Class Leaders, you must become a Master Trainer. Once you are a Master Trainer, you and your co-trainer can plan either the two-day in-person Class Leader training or the virtual 5-day (3 hours per day) Class Leader training.
To become a PTC Master Trainer, a trained PTC Class Leader must:
- Complete a minimum of 4 PTC 6-week classes, with one series conducted within 12 months prior to the Master Training.
- Plan to conduct a PTC Class Leader training within 6 months following the Master Trainer Training
- Have a trained PTC Master Trainer with whom to co-lead a Class Leader Training
- Obtain written support of a sponsor organization willing to support the Master Trainer in coordinating a PTC Class Leader training
- Complete the virtual Master Trainer training
- Pay the $250.00 Master Trainer training fee
- Agree to the Master Trainer Agreement
Trainings are offered multiple times throughout the year and it is only necessary to complete one, 120-minute virtual training. Fee due after application is accepted: $250
- Tuesday, June 6, 2023 1:00–3:00pm Central Time, 11am–1pm PT, 2–4pm ET
- Friday, August 18, 2023 10:00am–12:00pm Central Time, 8–10am PT, 11am–1pm ET
Interested in a future Master Trainer Training? Contact [email protected]
Current Master Trainers
Please see the How-to Guide for Master Trainers to view step-by-step instructions for the Class Leader Training process, including:
- Creating an account with the Iowa State University (ISU) Extension store.
- Ordering the PTC Helpbook for the class leader trainings.
- Accessing PTC Master Trainer files on the ISU Extension store website.
- Completing the Confirmation Form (LINK) to register your PTC Class Leader Training at least 3 weeks before your event begins.
- Paying Class Leader License Feesthrough the ISU Extension Store
- Completing the Class Leader Training Roster Email to communicate the number of Class Leader Training participants and share their email addresses via the online form.
- Understanding the Welcome Email that PTC Headquarters will send the Welcome Email to newly trained Class Leaders after the completion of the roster email.
- PTC Class Leader Evaluation data that is sent from PTC Headquarters to the Master Trainers seven days after the roster email is complete.
If you have any questions about the master trainer requirements or process of the class leader trainings, please contact [email protected].