Become a Master Trainer
Powerful Tools for Caregivers is sustained by extensive collaborations with community-based organizations. PTC is a train-the-trainer model program with a detailed, scripted, curriculum. Our goal is to build capacity to replicate the program through affordable Class Leader and Master Trainer trainings. Increasing the number of classes available makes it possible for more caregivers to benefit from the proven outcomes of the PTC program. If you would like to have the ability to train PTC Class Leaders, you must become a Master Trainer. Once you are a Master Trainer, you and your co-trainer can plan either the two-day in-person Class Leader training or the virtual 5-day (3 hours per day) Class Leader training.
To become a PTC Master Trainer, a trained PTC Class Leader must:
- Complete a minimum of 4 PTC 6-week classes, with one series conducted within 12 months prior to the Master Training.
- Plan to conduct a PTC Class Leader training within 6 months following the Master Trainer Training
- Have a trained PTC Master Trainer with whom to co-lead a Class Leader Training
- Obtain written support of a sponsor organization willing to support the Master Trainer in coordinating a PTC Class Leader training
Trainings are offered multiple times throughout the year and it is only necessary to complete one, 120-minute virtual training. Fee due after application is accepted: $250
- Friday, January 27, 2023 1:00–3:00pm Central Time, 11am–1pm PT, 2–4pm ET
- Wednesday, March 29, 2023 10:00am–12:00pm Central Time, 8–10am PT, 11am–12pm ET
- Tuesday, June 6, 2023 1:00–3:00pm Central Time, 11am–1pm PT, 2–4pm ET
- Friday, August 18, 2023 10:00am–12:00pm Central Time, 8–10am PT, 11am–12pm ET
Interested in a future Master Trainer Training? Contact [email protected]