Become a Class Leader
Start leading PTC classes in your community. PTC is a train-the-facilitator program with a detailed, scripted curriculum that builds on The Caregiver Helpbook. If you would like to offer the 6-week class for caregivers in your community, you must become a licensed PTC Class Leader.
Licensed Class Leaders are fully prepared to team-teach Powerful Tools for Caregivers to groups of 8 – 15 family caregivers. The PTC class curriculum is currently available in English, French, Korean, and Spanish. The class is delivered either in-person or virtually.
“It never ceases to amaze me how transforming this course is – the dramatic change in the demeanor of the participants from the first to the sixth class.”
-PTC Class Leader from CA
What is needed to become a Powerful Tools For Caregivers Class Leader?
- Group facilitation skills
- A sponsoring organization
- Experience working with family caregivers
- A co-leader with whom to teach the 6-week caregiver class (optional)
- Agree to the terms outlined in the Class Leader Certification Agreement form. Class Leader Agreement policies here.
What is the time commitment for Powerful Tools For Caregivers Class Leader Training?
- The in-person Class Leader training is two full days plus travel time.
- The online Class Leader training is five days with 3-hour sessions.
- Within a year after training completion, PTC Class Leaders commit to teaching at least two caregiver class series.
What are some ways sponsoring organizations can support a PTC Class Leader?
- Sponsor staff time and travel expenses to attend the PTC Class Leader training.
- Provide staff time to co-lead the PTC caregiver classes. Provide administrative support such as marketing of the classes, class registration, and purchasing copies of The Caregiver Helpbook.
- Provide space or virtual platform for the classes.
What does the training program include?
- Scripted curriculum
- Video and audio resources,
- The Caregiver Helpbook, companion book to the class
- Fee: $200
- Networking connections with other licensed Class Leaders
- Intensive and interactive training provided by a team of certified Master Trainers.
What does the training cost?
The cost of a leader training varies depending on the level of support from a local sponsor location and their actual costs. Organizations may only charge trainees for cost recovery. Email or call the registration contact on the training schedule.
“I am a retired Geriatric Nurse Practitioner with 50 years in health care and I have learned that the training and resultant change which caregivers experience through Powerful Tools far exceeds any caregiver training which I have participated in over the years.”
-PTC Class Leader from PA